Wednesday, October 21, 2015

GOD SIGHTING

     At my church, we have a time of sharing "God sightings"  These are things that happen in our everyday normal lives that glorify God, reminds us of God, our prayer request or praises.  I love this time during our church service because we share with each other.  It also gives me a chance to get to know the others in my church family.  We are just a small group now, but a close group.  All different but with one thing in common, we love the Lord Jesus Christ .

    My "God sighting" for today is: My future daughter in law posted on Facebook a video of a man singing, "Victory in Jesus"  ( a beautiful hymn) She said it reminded her of her grandma who would sing it with a big smile on her face.  This post is the best post I have ever seen on Facebook.  It shows the love of Jesus shown by a grandmother.  Singing for the Lord with joy.  Her granddaughter watching and listening.  It made an impact on the grandchild.  What a legacy.  Beautiful.  My future daughter in law loves her grandma very much.  Her grandma was a big part of her childhood.  Grandparents have a huge impact on their grandchildren.  They also raised the parents of these grandchildren.  My mother's mother was the most Godly lady that I knew.  She was so loving and caring.  She reflected the Proverbs 31 women.  The Godly wife and mother.  She raised my mom who was also very Godly. My mom wanted her life to glorify God in everything she did. 
She wanted her children to Love the Lord too.  Mom loved the old hymns just as my future daughter in law's grandma did. 

 "There is joy in the Lord, there is hope in the knowledge of Him"  These are the words that come to my mind when I think of my Lord and savior, Jesus.  Our lives are not perfect.  Not mine, not my moms, not my grandma's, not my daughter in law's and not her grandma's.  But thinking that even when they were in crisis, they sang songs of worship to God.  Songs of joy.  Songs of thanksgiving.   Thank you "manda" for posting your memory of your grandma singing  about the Lord and smiling.  God is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment