Monday, January 1, 2018

December 31, 2017

       I am riding in the car on the way to church and just staring at the clouds.  Clouds are a sign there is a God.  He is the only one who can paint such beauty in the sky.  These clouds are in stripes.  Lines across the sky.  I had never really noticed this type of cloud.  I was also thinking of the events of the year.  Not good events...hurt and anger about one situation.  Yesterday there was "drama".  But today, it is all just funny and does not bother me.  I am at peace.  I said the things I wanted to say and I stated facts.  I said things , not in anger, but in truth.  Anyway, the last day of this year and all is well. 
     2018 is a new beginning.  A new start.  Jesus came as a baby...a new beginning, a new start.  It is a God sighting that Christmas is so close to New Years.  Thinking on the baby Jesus, the reason for the season (the reason for all seasons actually)  and I was thinking, the past is the past, new starts for this year. 
       Then we arrived at church, the message (sermon) was related to my thoughts while on the way to church.  The past is the past, look forward, grow and share Christ with others.  New beginnings, New starts.  A new year!!
        When I got home, I saw a facebook post from a friend.  It went along with what the message of today was.     Isaiah 43:18-19
" Forget the former things; Do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; Do you not perceive it?" 

I am ready for 2018 and looking forward to it. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment