Monday, September 3, 2012

LET GO OF THE BOAT!!!



MORE THAN JUST A BOAT

It was a beautiful sunny day, a nice breeze was blowing on the day that I took my bundles to the beach.

The waves were calm. The boat just rocked slowly in the water.
It was still partly on the sand so I could easily toss my bags into the boat.
I had bags of various sizes.

The big bags were heavy, but they were the easiest to toss into the boat

I had been told that I should toss all my bags into the boat.

One by one, I surrendered them to the boat.
Darkness was setting in.
As the tide came in, the waves were getting bigger


And the boat was rocking more and more.
I needed to get all my bags in the boat.
By the time I got them all in, the boat was rocking heavily.
Up and down went the boat.

I had to hang onto the boat so it wouldn’t float away.
I stood there holding the boat which was getting harder and harder to do.

I thought maybe I should take back some of the bags.

But I couldn’t reach in and get them for the boat as rocking too hard.
The waves were getting rougher and I was just hanging on.

Hanging on to the boat containing all my baggage.
It was getting so hard

To keep my

Grip on

the boat.




Holding on to the all my worries, my troubles, my heartaches, my burdens, my sins,

everything that I needed to unload into the boat.
" But some of them need to come back out! I can deal with them myself!!" I told myself.

I just kept holding on to the boat


As the waves grew stronger.

Holding,
holding,

Holding.



LET GO OF THE BOAT!” HE SAID.





 


1 comment: