Friday, March 23, 2012

I TRIED

    It is hard to strike up conversation with someone who you have no idea what to talk about.  Me being sort of antisocial (shy) doesnt help.  I got the feeling that this person didnt really want to talk to me.  I asked if he watched the Oscar's and what movies he has seen.  He said he doesnt watch many movies.  But listening to him talk...he has seen many movies.  I started talking about TV shows.  He said he doesnt watch much TV, yet he knows about a lot of shows.  I asked if there are brewries in his area and stated it is fun to try different local beers.  He said he didnt drink beer, yet he knows a lot about different kinds of beer.  I dont know much about name brand beers.  but I do admit that I like to try different local handmade ones.  This may happen about three times a year.  All I can say is it was very awkward this visit with him.  So as always, after the initial point of me trying to be social, I just quit talking.  I feel I just should just keep my mouth shut eveywhere I go.  Except to just talk about what the Bible says and talk about Jesus.  I used to be funny and people liked being around me.  People used to talk to me all the time because I was a good listener.  I still am.  I love talking with people and hearing them tell stories or share what is on their hearts.  But people seem to shun me now.  I dont know what happened to make me stop being a talker.  I love people but they dont seem to like me back.  This is how I feel.  I am being very honest!  I need help in healing from some hurt I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment