Sunday, March 4, 2012

LITTLE LESSONS

The Holy Bible says in many places that we cannot serve the world and God.  You cant be luke warm!  You cant serve two masters.  I keep seeing this message over and over.  I dont think I serve two masters, but perhaps I am.  I need to search myself.  I need to search the Holy Words for more information.  I just want to teach others that you should not preach Jesus and then go out to a bar, get drunk and commit fornication or adultry and then think "I am ok, I am a Christian and I will be forgiven"  this is NOT the right attitude.I am trying to teach this to a friend.    A Christian should want to please God. But we are human and make mistakes.  We should not keep making the same mistakes over and over. 

I came across some verses that really jumped out at me.  I want to share them with you. 

Isaiah 55:2  "Why do you  spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?  Listen carefully to ME, and eat what is good and delight yourself in abundance."  

Why do we spend money on food that is not good for us? Or for other things that are not good for us.  What a waste!!

Proverbs 3:6  " In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight"   

  This whole chapter is good advice.  Put God first in everything you do!!

Luke 22:27  "For who is greater, the one who reclines at the table or the one who serves?   it not the one who reclines at the table?  But I am among you as the one who serves"  

Jesus came to teach and to serve.  We should follow his example.  Serve one another!  Edify one another!  We are not to wait for others to wait (serve) us!.  This is selfish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment