Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just Ideas...Yeah, Ideas

I spend a lot of time planning and making lists.  My daughter even gave me a book of lists! : ) Then I bought two more books.  Various types of lists.  Interesting.  Anyway...My goal for many MANY years has been to get rid of "stuff"  in my house and my barn.  My late husband was a pack rat and I have a hard time "letting go"  of stuff.  Especially the kids stuff.  My kids are 30, 25 and 16.  That means when my youngest is 18, I will have been raising kids for 33 years!!!  Ok..Well anyway, I am trying to simplify my life with less stuff, so as the years go on, I am better at "letting go" of baby stuff, kids stuff, late husbands stuff, my mom's stuff and my stuff.  When I married Paul, we combined two households and that added more STUFF!.   Ok..I spend a lot of time planning how to do this BIG project.  I will tell you that I have gotten rid quite a bit.  I have sold stuff, donated stuff, given stuff away and tossed stuff.  You know the Bible says to simplify our lives.  Life should not be complicated.  We should not have so much stuff or be so busy that we take our eyes off Jesus or so we dont have time for Jesus.  The Bible is full of how we should live so that we can serve others and keep our eyes on Jesus.  I seem to go off in tangents.  Now you may understand why I dont get much done.  Back to the main point of this letter.  I spend a lot of time planning! how to get rid of my stuff and how to be organized.  I have so many magazines and books to help me.   But I seem to come up with my own ideas.  I am now trying to figure out which one will work the best for me.   1)  Just list what I want to do and then DO IT!! adding to the list.  I call this "list as I go"  2) Write stuff on a calendar (I have a calendar and a datebook)  I have to write everything down! I have little sticky notes stuck inside my datebook and in my purse of things I write down as I think of things to do.  I have many pads of sticky notes and lists pads. That I get at the dollar store.  I also buy cute colorful pens at the dollar store.  I love pens that are different colors.  I love colorful paper too.  Here I go again..down a tangent.   3)  A small file box with small file folders. One for each room in the house, the yard, the car, and the barn, storage room and storage building.  On index cards I list everything that needs to done in that area.  4)  I have a blank calendar (that I got from the dollar store!)  I call this "Day and Date"   I label the top, "Months starting on Monday" and have a calendar for each day of the week.  On the dates I write down a room or an area.  This is the "room of the day"
Sundays are always fun, family and rest days.  5) Then I have the list of what to do on each day of the week.  Mondays...laundry, floors,  etc... Tuesdays.... and so one (this one does not work for me..just like having a set menu for each day of the week.  My former mother in law  did this and I found it boring.  Monday was her steak day, Tuesday pork, Wednesday...chicken   Thursday....  Stew Beef,   Friday..fish  ,Saturday...burgers and hotdogs and Sundays...pasta.  Now that I think about it..it would make shopping easy and it would help in the "what's for dinner?"  AND there are so many variables for each thing.  6)  This seems to be my favorite and I think I will use this plan. 
I got a teacher grade book (Yes from the dollar store!!!  I am serious!)  In the place of the students names, I write my list of everything I want to do in one day.  In the little squares, I use them  for short notes and to check off what I did.   Here is my list of what to accomplish each day.  I dont want to do everything on the list, but hit them all at least in a weeks time.  Some are everyday things.  I also realize that things come up, so I am very flexable. 

Bible/Pray/ Bible study
Serve or encourage others
Check datebook/check calendar
$/Bills/update
Files/office
Room of the day
Cards for room of the day
Fly (from flylady site)
One box from barn
bsc ea room (basic each room)
check sub jobs/check wcpss job openings
w/d/v (wash, dishes, vacuum)
blog
computer/delete
exersize/diet/meds/blood
project
dogs
Paul's requests (or if I knotice that he is irritated by something that is not cleaned up..attack this!)
donate/sell
read
movie/watch recorded
Eli drive
shower/dress/jewelry
picture project
birthday project
consolidate Bibles
Go through cds/dvds
family
cook/bake
sew/sell
my clothes project
court/wesley preparation
sleep (at least 7 hours)
eat
sticky notes
catch up..whew!!!

I figured if I work on a project..little steps...a little each day..eventually the job will get done.  Also the more I do in all areas, the less there will be to do as time goes on. 

NOW, I just need to do this.  I have to confess that I spend way too much time on the computer and in front of the tv.  I need to be accountable for this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment