Wednesday, February 22, 2012

YES I DO WORK!! or do I??

It seems like lately many people have asked me, "Where do you work" or "What do you do" I am not good at responding with an intellegent answer. I normally say, "I dont do anything, just stay home and take care of the house, my family, and am available if my kids, grandkids, dad or brother need me" But my job (which I got from the Bible) is a helpmate (wife) to my husband. We have one car and so I am his transportation to and from work. This works for us. I cant work a full time job or even a regular part time job, because I have to be available for Paul (my hubby) His schedule is so unpredictable. Sometimes I have to be up in the middle of the night for him. I am very happy with my job as a wife and mother. I do sub for the Wake County Public School System and I love this job too. I dont do it everyday or even once a week. The jobs I take all depend on my husbands schedule or if I have something to do with the kids or my dad. The down side to my husbands job , is we cant plan anything. I can't commit to anything. Also, if he does occationally have some time off, we spend it together. Like one day this past week, he had some time to spare so we went to the museum. I have had some guilty feelings because I dont work outside the home. I dont have young kids to stay home with. I was beginning to think, " What is my good reason for not working?" and feeling bad because I dont have a job. We are just praising God that Paul has a good job now. For a couple of years he didnt have one. I did sub more back then. We would sell stuff to make money. Workmans comp didnt pay all the bills. I was so sad when Paul sold his truck so we could live. This is why we are down to one vehicle.
I take what people say to me at heart. No I am not old enough to be retired. Yes if I worked we would have more money..but we are fine. Yes, If I worked, it would take the full burden off of Paul to to provide all the money. BUT this is how we want our lives to go. The man provides for his family. We are happy. God has provided. I am blessed to be able to work at home, running a household, being available if my children need me, if my grandchildren need me and if my dad needs me. But more importantly, I am a helpmate to my husband. He comes first, he knows he can depend on me and he is happy in his marrage to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment