Monday, February 20, 2012

What is MY mission in life??

First of all, forgive me if I repeat myself.  I am back again to wondering what I should be doing to serve others and glorify God.  People say to think about what your passion is in life and  do something related.  People say to use your past or your life lessons.  People say to use what you are good at.  People say...People say..  But what does God say??  I have been praying and searching scripture.  To be still and listen..listen for God's answer.  Be still..be quiet.  When overwhelmed in a state of panic someone told me to just be still and quiet and do nothing! for 24 hours.  That was good advice.  Ok, back to being still and quiet.  My heart aches for all the pain and suffering in the world.  I am one of these people who wants to do something about all of it.  There is even a song out now about this very thing.  But I need to listen more carefully to all the words.  All I know is this is a fallen world.  There is a lot of hate, anger and pain in the world.  That is why we need Jesus.  Jesus didnt save everyone..we cant either.  We can only take care of ourselves and share Jesus with those we come in contact with.  People that God puts in our lives on a day to day basis.  Our family, our co workers, our friends, and people we run into when out and about in the world.  So what is my mission in life.  What are my roles and goals?  Some good advice is to start my day out with some quiet personal time with God.  In prayer and in the Bible.  Being still and quiet and just listening.  Pray about my day! 

I have taken classes on various topics related to trying to figure out what to do.  There was one on being overloaded.  There was one on boundries, one on goals and roles and one about "what's in your hand."    Now to just apply what I have learned.  Being overloaded...dont look ahead..just take care of what is in front of you right now!  Boundries...keep your boundries and dont let anyone cause you to step over them and let them step into yours.  It is ok to say "no".  We are not door mats.   We know ourselves better than others know us.  Speak up and tell someone if they are in your space.   Goals and roles..think on what these are.  Think on goals that you have for yourself.  Think on your roles in life.  My main goal is to get my home in shape so that is a safe haven for my friends and family.  That is glorifies God!  Get rid of all unuseful stuff.  I need to "let go" of stuff.  I want to clean out my barn.  I want a place for everything and keep everything in its place.  I want everything in my life and home to be organized!!!  and clean!  My roles are wife, mommy, grammy, daughter, sister and friend.  

So now some other things that I can think about to help me figure out my life service.  What are my passions?  I hate mistreatment of animals and people.  I love babies!  I love to bake.  I love movies and I love writing.   I love children!!!! and puppies. 

What about my past or my life lessons?  I am ashamed of my past.  But I have learned so much.  I can relate to those who have had abortions.  Being in an unyoked marriage and in an abusive marriage.  Having a drug addict husband.  Being abandoned.  Being promiscuious. 

What am I good at?  I think I am a good mother and grandma.  I love to send cards to encourage.  But I really dont know what I am good at.  I have failed at most things that I have tried to do to honor and glorify and serve God.  Being in a prayer group.  Working at a crisis pregnancy center. Leading a Bible study.  I failed because I was never asked to do things again.  I was not given a good evaluation.  '
I really want God to tell me what I am good at.  I want God to tell me what to do with my life.  Is working at home taking care of everyone and being available really enough in life?   Is this enough for God??  These are the questions I have and I will be quiet, still and wait for God's answer.  I will listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment